Friday, January 15, 2016

Concerning Accidental Hiatuses

     Well. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I know I did. The holiday itself was rather quiet, which was nice, especially after all the pandemonium in the weeks (and months) leading up to it. It felt a bit odd, though, for it to be over so quickly. Months of anticipation, weeks of preparation (or procrastinating on preparing), days and days and days of listening to Christmas music... and it's over in two days. Then one is left to wander around in shock, searching for one's life (and the meaning to it), until New Year's, when things finally begin to settle back to hectic normality. Anticlimatic much?

     Obviously, Christmas comes and goes every year. I've had sixteen long years to come to terms with this fact of life, and usually I don't pay much heed to it. But this year it hit me a bit harder than most. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I was immersed in the physical manifestation of the metaphorical Christmas spirit (aka, being forced to hear and/or sing the same few Christmas songs over and over) since the beginning of November. Late October, if one counts auditions. Or maybe it was due to the 70°F weather we had. In either case, I was rather busy, and missed a beautiful opportunity to use yet another Sherlock Christmas gif on this blog:

GIF found on Pinterest

     But, at last, I think I've regained the scattered pieces of my soul, dusted them off, and proceeded on with my life in a completely disorganized relatively orderly fashion.

     ....oh. There was supposed to be a point to this post, wasn't there? Twould be a pity to leave my painstakingly crafted graphic design to lie forgotten in an abandoned folder... I'm not an Ebenezer Scrooge, am I?

I've forgotten where I found this image. But it is intended to be humorous in that
I insist on using it as a profile picture throughout the year. Don't judge me.

...who am I kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment